HSRC Respiratory Care Student Scholarship Award Recipients:
- 2019, Abigail Alimbatin & Aimee Wood
- 2022, Dania Herrera, Deziree Lewis, Kelly Jones, & Daisy Menor
To provide a $1,000 cash award to assist 2nd year Kapi’olani Community College (KCC) Respiratory Therapy students in attaining their career objectives in Respiratory Care. Interested students who meet candidate criteria may apply to the Hawaii Society for Respiratory Care Board of Directors. The two (2) winning applicants will be announced at the Annual Hawaii State Respiratory Care Conference in September.
- Currently enrolled in their second year of study in Respiratory Therapy Program at KCC
- Possess a 3.0 or greater GPA (in the respiratory core courses)
- Is a student member of the AARC and thereby the HSRC
- Candidate submits HSRC RC Student Scholarship Award Application
- Candidate provides transcript/printout of GPA (for core respiratory classes from the last semester & cumulative GPA)
- Identifies the two (2) preceptors who have been asked to evaluate student performance.
- Identifies the community service supervisor who has been asked to provide info.
- Emails completed forms & responses to firstname.lastname@example.org or submits completed forms & responses using the form below by September 15, 2023.
- Candidate responds to all 4 of the following questions. Responses are to be typed, single spaced, using #12 font and limited to 1 to 2 succinct paragraphs for each question.
- How do you intend to use the cash award to pursue your career objectives?
- What has been your most profound experience to date in the learning and practice of respiratory care?
- What does it mean to you to be a Respiratory Care Practitioner?
- What are your plans following graduation?
- Two (2) preceptors of the candidate’s choice complete a Performance Evaluation that inquires about the student’s knowledge, clinical proficiency, behavioral and communication skills. The evaluation forms must be submitted directly from the preceptor with students providing a pre-addressed stamped envelope. Addressed to: HSRC Attn: Student Scholarship. PO Box 283166, Honolulu, HI 96828
- Acknowledgement of Community Service. Description of work, hours given and student performance by the organization’s supervisor.
All required documentation must be postmarked by September 15, 2023 for consideration.
Questions may be directed to: email@example.com
Submit your documentation using the form below